gp数据库月份第一天_社会数据科学的第一天

gp数据库月份第一天

Starting the first day of a graduate programme is different in the time of a pandemic.

在大流行期间,开始研究生课程的第一天有所不同。

Especially considering how lucky and fortunate one can be. Firstly, to be able to attend such a programme, and secondly that due to mitigating efforts one is able to conduct such an affair with an in-person meeting.

尤其要考虑一个人会多么幸运和幸运。 首先,要能够参加这样的计划,其次,由于减轻了努力,一个人可以通过面对面的会议进行这样的事情。

Being a new student can be scary for some, and many who attend a graduate programme move to a new country.

对某些人来说,成为一名新学生可能会感到恐惧,许多参加研究生课程的人都搬到了一个新国家。

This is an article about my first day as the inaugural cohort of the new MSc of Social Data Science at the University of Copenhagen.

这是关于我作为哥本哈根大学新的社会数据科学理科硕士课程就职第一天的文章。

I will first attempt explaining what social data science is and why I decided to attend the programme, and then show a few pictures from the day.

我将首先尝试解释什么是社会数据科学以及为什么我决定参加该计划,然后展示当天的一些照片。

欢迎新的社会数据科学理学硕士 (Welcome new MSc in Social Data Science)

Image for post
The sign outside the University of Copenhagen. Photo by author.
哥本哈根大学以外的标志。 图片由作者提供。

The first thing I saw coming towards the university was all the students gathering around the old historic building. After a while I found this sign that guided me to another sign, and made me find my way to the first session in a classroom.

我看到进入大学的第一件事是所有学生聚集在古老的历史建筑周围。 一段时间后,我发现这个指示牌将我引向另一个指示牌,并让我找到了进入教室第一堂课的方式。

It must be said that my journey to attend the MSc in Social Data Science had started a while back.

必须说,我参加社会数据科学理学硕士的旅程早已开始。

In the past I had many questions, being a social scientist and being interested in programming.

过去,我有很多问题,作为一名社会科学家和对编程感兴趣。

什么是社会数据科学? (What is social data science?)

Can society benefit if social scientists attempt to learn programming both to help them conduct research and to be more critical of implementation?

如果社会科学家尝试学习编程以帮助他们进行研究并且对实施更为批评,那么社会可以从中受益吗?

Thinking about this is how I came upon the term due to exploring questions surrounding these topics. I tried to explore this previously in an article I wrote on the 19th of July 2019:

考虑到围绕这些主题的问题,我想到了这个术语。 我曾在2019年7月19日写的一篇文章中尝试探讨此问题:

Wikipedia, at least, told me that social data science ‘does not exist’.

至少维基百科告诉我,社会数据科学“不存在”。

Image for post
Screenshot by author taken 19th of July 2019 showing that Wikipedia has no record of Social Data Science.(note: this still seems to be the case the 31st of July 2020)
作者的截图于2019年7月19日拍摄,显示Wikipedia没有社会数据科学的记录(注:2020年7月31日似乎仍然如此)

I think this made me more excited rather than discouraged.

我认为这使我更加兴奋而不是灰心。

However, I was wrong to think (as I did in a brief moment) that this venue was not being explored.

但是,我错误地认为(就像我在短时间内所做的那样)未探索该场所。

I found out at the time that there were programmes at the University of Oxford, The London School of Economics and Political Science,and University of Copenhagen.

当时我发现牛津大学伦敦政治经济学院和 哥本哈根大学都有课程

It was the University of Copenhagen that had the definition that kept popping up both in my feed and my head:

哥本哈根大学的定义一直在我的提要和脑海中不断出现:

Social data science is a new discipline combining the social sciences and computer science in which the analysis of big data is linked to social scientific theory and analysis.

社会数据科学 是一门结合了社会科学和计算机科学的新学科,其中大数据的分析与社会科学理论和分析相联系。

Fields of study in relation to social data science are numerous. They can be based on both digital data collected from e.g. the social media, register data, customer data or on other types of digital traces that people are leaving, for instance by their personal use of the internet, their use of smart phones and of other digital services. These enormous sets of data can also be combined with qualitative data collected through anthropological field work etc.–University of Copenhagen, Social Science Faculty retrieved 19th of July

与社会数据科学相关的研究领域很多。 它们可以基于从社交媒体收集的数字数据,注册数据,客户数据,也可以基于人们离开的其他类型的数字迹线,例如通过个人使用互联网,使用智能手机以及其他方式数字服务。 这些庞大的数据集也可以与通过人类学田野调查等收集的定性数据相结合。– 哥本哈根大学社会科学学院,7月19日检索

This was iterated in the beginning of the day by Andreas Bjerre-Nielsen, Head of Studies at the MSc. Social Data Sicence and Assistant Professor at Department of Economics & SODAS who said:

理学硕士(MSc)研究负责人Andreas Bjerre-Nielsen在一开始就对此进行了重复。 社会数据科学和经济学与SODAS系的助理教授说:

“Social data science is: combining methods and tools from data science with theory and methods from social science.”

“社会数据科学是:将数据科学中的方法和工具与社会科学中的理论和方法相结合。”

He did mention that there are a variety of definitions, and this may be one of several.

他的确提到了各种各样的定义,这可能是其中的几个。

Image for post
A slide covering one definition of what Social Data Science. Photo by author.
一张幻灯片,涵盖了什么是社会数据科学的定义。 图片由作者提供。

以不同的学科视角进入哥本哈根大学社会数据科学硕士学位 (Enter the MSc of Social Data Science at the University of Copenhagen with different disciplinary perspectives)

I had found the programme at the University of Copenhagen a while back.

我前一段时间在哥本哈根大学找到了该程序。

I went in-depth covering the development of the graduate level programme on Social Data Science at the University of Copenhagen the 30th of July 2019:

我于2019年7月30日深入探讨了哥本哈根大学社会数据科学研究生课程的开发:

I never thought, of course, that I would join it when I wrote the piece…

当然,我从没想过我写这首歌的时候会加入……

Looking at the Copenhagen Center for Social Data Science (SODAS) as a research unit now and examining their programme one thought struck me:

现在将哥本哈根社会数据科学中心(SODAS)作为研究部门,并研究他们的计划,一个想法让我印象深刻

Wow, this is a really inclusive and ambitious programme!

哇,这真是一个包容而雄心勃勃的计划!

It seemed to be that SODAS in Copenhagen to a great extent attempted to include different disciplinary perspectives, especially believing that qualitative research had a place in social data science.

哥本哈根的SODAS似乎在很大程度上试图包含不同的学科观点,尤其是认为定性研究在社会数据科学中占有一席之地。

Before I had discovered the programme I wrote about this the 30th of June.

在我发现程序之前,我是在6月30日写的。

Although this cartoon is rudimentary it displays a situation I sometimes found myself in when I once worked as an interviewer.

尽管这部漫画是基本的,但它显示了一种情况,当我曾经作为面试官时,有时我会发现自己。

Image for post
cmx.io cmx.io创建的卡通

That being said (or drawn, by someone else), I think different kinds of approaches to understanding an issue are incredibly important.

话虽这么说(或被别人吸引) ,我认为了解问题的不同方法极为重要。

The point is: we need a variety of different perspectives and methods!

关键是: 我们需要各种不同的观点和方法!

The Social Data Science master program at the University of Copenhagen draws primarily on six disciplines (Anthropology, Data Science, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology).

哥本哈根大学的社会数据科学硕士课程主要涉及六个学科(人类学,数据科学,经济学,政治学,心理学和社会学)。

As such, the respect different people from these various background have to each other is the core of the programme.

因此,来自不同背景的人们之间的相互尊重是该计划的核心。

Additionally, it seemed most of the cohort were from different countries, with the largest group naturally being Danish.

另外,似乎大多数人来自不同的国家,最大的人群自然是丹麦人。

The programme is shaped to gain a common ground in the first year and build on your foundations of the discipline you most strongly identify with in the second year — combining it with these new learnings.

该课程旨在在第一年获得共识第二年 最基础的学科的基础上将其与这些新知识相结合。

This is only the beginning.

这仅仅是个开始。

On this first day I quickly experienced that people from so many disciplines had come together into one graduate programme, and it made me very happy.

在第一天,我很快就经历了许多学科的人们一起参加了一个研究生课程,这让我感到非常高兴。

I was also pleasantly surprised to see the insane amount of effort that the team at SODAS had put into every single detail.

看到SODAS团队在每个细节上付出的巨大努力 ,我也感到很惊讶。

I mean, we even got a tote bag.

我的意思是,我们甚至有一个手提袋。

Image for post
Happy and sad Alex receives a tote bag from SODAS — photo by author.
亚历克斯(Alex)感到高兴和悲伤,他从SODAS收到一个手提袋-作者照片。

I have so many expectations for a graduate programme, and was unsure how the first day would be.

我对研究生课程抱有很高的期望,不确定第一天会怎样。

I am glad to say it was heartwarming.

我很高兴地说这是令人心动的。

People came from different places, and they attempted to keep it as safe as possible.

人们来自不同的地方,他们试图使它尽可能安全。

We got face mask, antibacterial, water bottle, pen, book and bag.

我们得到了口罩,抗菌剂,水壶,笔,书和袋子。

Image for post
SODAS does not take branding lightly! Photo by author.
SODAS不能轻视品牌! 图片由作者提供。

The mask fit neatly and can be reused.

口罩整齐地贴合,可以重复使用。

Image for post
Picture of author with SODAS mask, photo by author.
带SODAS面罩的作者照片,作者照片。

While using these face masks we conducted group activities.

使用这些口罩时,我们进行了小组活动。

Image for post
Inaugural cohort of SODAS gathered in corridor. Photo by author.
SODAS的首批队列聚集在走廊上。 图片由作者提供。

We drew out circles first on individual pieces of papers in smaller groups. Then, two groups united and drew lines from each other circles. Later, all papers were combined together to form one large whole.

我们首先在小组较小的单张纸上画出圆圈。 然后,两个小组团结起来,彼此划界。 后来,所有论文合并在一起形成一个大整体。

Image for post
We’re all in this together vibes (yes). Photo by author. 我们都在这种共鸣之中 (是)。 图片由作者提供。

Afterwards some of us gathered in the King’s Garden located just a few minutes walk away from the SODAS building.

之后,我们中的一些人聚集在距SODAS大楼仅数分钟步行路程的国王花园。

Image for post
Group of SODAS students in the grass. Faces blurred for privacy. Photo by author.
组的SODAS学生在草地上。 为隐私而模糊的脸。 图片由作者提供。

I cannot think of a better way to start this graduate programme.

我想不出一种更好的方法来开始这个研究生课程。

The sun even came out.

太阳甚至出来了。

Talking to people from so many disciplines has already given me several new thoughts.

与来自众多学科的人们交谈已经给了我一些新的想法。

A great many thanks to Mette My Madsen (Postdoc at SODAS) for leading the day and being a wonderful facilitator.

非常感谢Mette My Madsen (SODAS的博士后)领导了这一天,并成为了一个很好的促进者。

My impression was that most seemed rather satisfied about how this programme began.

我的印象是,大多数人对此计划的开始感到满意。

I am excited to see what the coming weeks will bring.

我很高兴看到未来几周会带来什么。

This is #500daysofAI and you are reading article 454. I am writing one new article about or related to artificial intelligence every day for 500 days.

这是#500daysofAI,您正在阅读文章454。我连续500天每天都在撰写一篇有关人工智能或与人工智能有关的新文章。

翻译自: https://towardsdatascience.com/first-day-of-social-data-science-beedc2174232

gp数据库月份第一天